30.10.11

Luvik's 1st piano lesson

Luvik's first piano lesson from me at 2 years 6months 21day.


He wanted me to teach him to play piano after my lesson with another student. I was wondering if he is serious and decided to join him in our house's music room in order not to disappoint him.



He then went along to choose one of the books from the rack, and proceeded to sit on the piano bench getting ready for lesson. We started with singing the middle C (Doh), and I held his thumb to play the middle C. Then, I proceeded to teach him how to count rhythm by clapping. At the same time, he was fascinated by the colourful cartoons of the book, so I will make use of the cartoons to relate to my teaching.



Luvik surprised me that he actually recognises the treble and bass clef that I taught him some time ago! I introduced how to play "staccato" to him by held his thumb and played the notes short and detached, imagined that his thumb is a ball that bounced on the key, he found it very interesting and keep asking me to explain again and again...



I'm glad that he can sing in correct pitch, and shown interest in music. I believe the best way to teach younger children are by sparking their interest first, by making the lesson fun for them.

No comments: